Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Speaking of affection

Affection or a gentle feeling of fondness, or liking in universal language is love. I was so embarrassed to spell the word love in the title that I had to pick another word which likely to be similar. Love is not something that I would talk openly, and flaunt my view without concealment as this make me a little shy but, I will try.

I have never been in a relationship and next week exactly on Friday it will be my 24th year anniversary of singlehood surviving without any significant other. My car seat next to me is always empty, my bed habitually lonely, I have no other hand to hold but my own, nobody to love but my books and that magic spell consisting of three words with six letters in it; they don't simply appear in my inbox, totally out of sight, out of mind, evidently.

Do you know where I sit when I am in love?

Next to the group of people who are constantly unfortunate and perpetually live in disappointment. I fall into a category of unrequited love as described by Iris in The Holiday; the cruelest kind that almost kills its victim. When other love stories are about people who fall in love with each other, I fall in love alone. It is truly upsetting to be the victim of one sided affair, cursed of the loved ones, and the walking wounded. Nobody wants to be unhappy and miserable but, some people are unlucky and the glorious tale about love is not for everyone.

Do you know what will happen when I am in love?

I am the demented ones that cannot think straight, the fool that infatuated with poor judgement and at risk of losing himself to love. When I love, I love like I write; deeply and carelessly. I am precisely the male version of Elizabeth Gilbert (the author of Eat Pray Love) when I am in love. When I love, I dive and vanish into the person I love completely. I am the permeable membrane.

You will have every part of me and every molecule of my body, my car, my time, my devotion, my money, my everything. If I love you, I will carry all your pain, I will be responsible for all your happiness, I will protect you from your own insecurity and project upon you all sorts of good qualities, I will give you all this and that, until I get so worn out and consumed that the only way I can recuperate is becoming besotted with someone else. Therefore, to be in love for me is both; a blessing and a curse.

So, where is my love story?

I have none. The continuous heartbreaks of one sided affairs made my love stories into an unceasing tragedies. Despite the bitterness, I am not giving up looking to complete, or to begin one. Turning 24 next week had me hoping for a better way of looking for love. Or maybe, just maybe, I might get lucky.

Footnote: This post is written a week before my birthday which falls on 26th of December.

18 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe someday someone will love you how much you love her. Have faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. One fine day. When Allah s.w.t said you are ready, you will meet the right one. Just go with the flow. If its meant to be, it will be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If someone being very bold and say she's single and wanted to be your 'friend', would you be accepting her and getting know of her?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You'll meet someone one day, don't worry! anyway I think you misspelled the word 'title' hehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The irony is that some people fall in love, too, yet end up feeling the same way as you do - constantly disappointed and feeling unfortunate. Love has a way of making people happy and miserable at the same time. Some people fall for the idea of love rather than falling in love themselves; bringing them down to the pit hole of misery when they don't get what they expected. But I guess different people will experience different things. By the way, if you ever have time, listen to Sarah Kay & Phil Kaye - When Love Arrives. It's a spoken poetry. Pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here.I believe, u will.meet someone that deserve you, kamal ! =) teslian, arent u?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Faith buddy, it is when 'elliptic meets the strange', that is when beauty happens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 'a gentle feeling of fondness' , comelnya ayat ! kamal, fighting !
    lots of love, your fan juwitajasnin. #haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me too hahahha, but i hope u will meet someone thats deserve u :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. are you born on 26/12/1990?

    ReplyDelete
  13. sometimes you gotta open your eyes to your surroundings. Because most of the time, we see only the one we love, but not ones who love us. And this, my friend, is how the chain of unrequited love gets longer and longer.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Life is not about love only. Go and explore every single thing in this beautiful world. When the right time comes, surely you will meet your love one. Have faith. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Last week my first and only crush told me that he has feelings for someone . He trusted me and told me his own feelings . At least we are sharing secrets now

    ReplyDelete
  16. Last week my first and only crush told me that he has feelings for someone . He trusted me and told me his own feelings . At least we are sharing secrets now

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your blog like a novel. Keep on writing Cikgu.

    ReplyDelete